Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Assange gone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Proper journalist that. Not one of these corporate whores. He is what used to be called in the Soviet Union a dissident.
    What about the rapey* tendencies?

*Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

*Allegedly.
    He looks to me like he absolutely fúcking honks. Needs a good hosing down, I reckon. Dirty bástard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

*Allegedly.
    Made up, I understand.

Made up, I understand.
    Sadly, we never got to find out because he decided he didn't fancy co-operating with the justice cystem.

Look at his face, a, and tell me, hand on heart, that he isn't a sex offender.

Guilty.

Made up, I understand.
    So 'made up' that he decided seven years hiding in a broom cupboard was preferable to seeing them properly scrutinised (and presumably therefore dismissed) in probably the most insanely liberal justice system on the planet.

Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So 'made up' that he decided seven years hiding in a broom cupboard was preferable to seeing them properly scrutinised (and presumably therefore dismissed) in probably the most insanely liberal justice system on the planet.

Righto.
    Not sure what you mean by "insanely liberal" but we do live an era where all claims made by women against men are assumed to be true. Anyway, it's the publication of state secrets that he's really in trouble for imo.

Not sure what you mean by "insanely liberal" but we do live an era where all claims made by women against men are assumed to be true. Anyway, it's the publication of state secrets that he's really in trouble for imo.
    Swedish courts are infamous for letting off rapists for 'cultural' reasons. Granted old Jules is the wrong religion/colour for that, but even so.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Righto.
    Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.
    Blimey. I realise that women aren't really your thing, but, you know, I'm not sure anyone should really be describing rape as a minor matter.