Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This is how I feel about the US. Sorry Chief is you are lurking
    But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it?
    You can't if you've made a vow not to.

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't if you've made a vow not to.

Ha!
    Your vow is silly.

There. I've said it.

Your vow is silly.

There. I've said it.
    Why? Your argument is unconvincing so far.

Why? Your argument is unconvincing so far.
    Because it was clearly made in a fit of pique. And forswearing a massive country of 300 million people because you were roughly handled by immigration officials is just a teensy bit silly.

And, of course, it's silly because you'd obviously break your vow if the necessity arose.

Because it was clearly made in a fit of pique. And forswearing a massive country of 300 million people because you were roughly handled by immigration officials is just a teensy bit silly.

And, of course, it's silly because you'd obviously break your vow if the necessity arose.
    1. It was most certainly not a fit of pique.
    2. It was only partially the immigration incident. The straw that broke the proverbial was being ina bar showing the local college football game on TV. Grown men whooping and high-fiving about a school gay rugby match. And the fúcking Blue Angels did a flyby. Wánkers.
    3. If, by necessity, you refer to the exigences of business, certainly I would. Of what use are vows, honour, pride or dignity in business?

2. It was only partially the immigration incident. The straw that broke the proverbial was being ina bar showing the local college football game on TV. Grown men whooping and high-fiving about a school gay rugby match. And the fúcking Blue Angels did a flyby. Wánkers.
    3. If, by necessity, you refer to the exigences of business, certainly I would. Of what use are vows, honour, pride or dignity in business?
    Hmmm. It does sound a bit piquey, though.

Still, it's good to know that, were your glw there on business and - say - kidnapped by Appalachian Mountain Men, you would not allow your grumpy huff to get in the way of you going there to rescue her.

Sounds like they committed the cardinal sin of being indifferent to you ya self important pompous old goat.

Tony C Can't #jailbird
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar