Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Are there other countries where a large section of the population would take great

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I certainly remember United fans a few years ago feeling exactly the same about it.
    has it always been like this or more recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    has it always been like this or more recently?
    I can't really speak for anyone else, but the England team has never really done it for me. I've always found England teams deeply unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can't really speak for anyone else, but the England team has never really done it for me. I've always found England teams deeply unattractive.
    I was never that interested until we had the Rocky, Tony Adams generation and had a few players in the side. As I didn't live that far from Wembley (and in the direction that was easier to get away from) I used to go to most games. Pretty much lost interest now. Last game I went to was probably the Holland 4-1 - doubt I will ever see an England team play that well again against such good opposition anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was never that interested until we had the Rocky, Tony Adams generation and had a few players in the side. As I didn't live that far from Wembley (and in the direction that was easier to get away from) I used to go to most games. Pretty much lost interest now. Last game I went to was probably the Holland 4-1 - doubt I will ever see an England team play that well again against such good opposition anyway
    Yes. It was easier when Adams and Dixon were vaguely permanent fixtures. I was always vaguely proud that Ashley Cole was invariably England's best player in most tournaments (until he went to Chelsea, of course), but generally, no.