Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No debate about it, t. He's in. I'm looking forward to seeing him bowl with slips and close fielders.

Also, he has a pleasing habit of hitting colonials in the head.
    Not sure he can move it away from the right hander, though. Suppose this is less of an issue when you can bowl consistently at around 93mph from about 7.5 feet high. Batsmen will be scared of him having seen him hit a few decent players on the head (the Amla one was particularly eye opening, given the class of player he is).

Imagine Jofra bowling at the WACA

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not sure he can move it away from the right hander, though. Suppose this is less of an issue when you can bowl consistently at around 93mph from about 7.5 feet high. Batsmen will be scared of him having seen him hit a few decent players on the head (the Amla one was particularly eye opening, given the class of player he is).

Imagine Jofra bowling at the WACA :cloud9:
    You'll have to r. They don't play tests there any more

Imagine Jofra bowling at the WACA
    At that speed you don't have to be hooping it around. Even the slightest lateral movement becomes well-nigh unplayable.

At that speed you don't have to be hooping it around. Even the slightest lateral movement becomes well-nigh unplayable.
    I feel like he could be quicker with a proper run up. He sort of ambles up to the popping crease, doesn't he?

I think I'd like to see him pushing off the wall in front of the pavilion next time he's at Lord's.

I feel like he could be quicker with a proper run up. He sort of ambles up to the popping crease, doesn't he?

I think I'd like to see him pushing off the wall in front of the pavilion next time he's at Lord's.
    Yeah - coz ****ing with people's actions and run ups has always worked so well in the past. Part of his skill is bowling a bouncer that people really can't see coming - the short run up helps this

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah - coz ****ing with people's actions and run ups has always worked so well in the past. Part of his skill is bowling a bouncer that people really can't see coming - the short run up helps this
    Exactly. Barely perceptible changes in his arm speed create huge differences in pace and bounce. Running a long way in would do nothing other than knacker him.

Exactly. Barely perceptible changes in his arm speed create huge differences in pace and bounce. Running a long way in would do nothing other than knacker him.
    You do realise that this is Rich suggesting this, so should be taken with a punch of salt as he knows nothing about sport
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You do realise that this is Rich suggesting this, so should be taken with a punch of salt as he knows nothing about sport
    Knows nothing about football - his knowledge of cricket is generally excellent. Talked up Buttler and Woakes before they were acknowledged as top quality

Same with Wood - who I think has shortened his run and bowls quicker. Easy to be seduced by the whole Holding thing but he was probably just a wonderfully smooth freak

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Same with Wood - who I think has shortened his run and bowls quicker. Easy to be seduced by the whole Holding thing but he was probably just a wonderfully smooth freak
    Yes, the thing about Holding was that his bowling action seemed almost to be a part of his run-up rather than its culmination. I've never seen anyone else even remotely like that.

Mind you, his overs took about half an hour to bowl.