Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ok I've just watched the goal again and it was quite good

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How is it different to a caution which in reality is a record of an incident though without charge.
    If it is a verbal warning then the officer will make a note of the incident and then update the forces control room of the outcome in order for the incident to be closed on the record. This indicates that your name will appear on a computer record held by your local police force and this will appear on CRB checks (or DBS checks as they are now).

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If it is a verbal warning then the officer will make a note of the incident and then update the forces control room of the outcome in order for the incident to be closed on the record. This indicates that your name will appear on a computer record held by your local police force and this will appear on CRB checks (or DBS checks as they are now).
    Still sounds similar to an official caution to me.

I was cautioned as above around 1994 for possession of controlled substances and after being arrested, held and interrogated in Margate Police Station I was released without charge but officially cautioned, informed accordingly that said incident would remain on record, which it did.

Still sounds similar to an official caution to me.

I was cautioned as above around 1994 for possession of controlled substances and after being arrested, held and interrogated in Margate Police Station I was released without charge but officially cautioned, informed accordingly that said incident would remain on record, which it did.
    As I understand it, you can refuse to accept a police caution and dare them to take it to the CPS. No such option exists with a verbal warning.

As I understand it, you can refuse to accept a police caution and dare them to take it to the CPS. No such option exists with a verbal warning.
    A caution is a criminal record. It effectively requires you to admit guilt to an offence that the police do not think is serious enough to prosecute.

A verbal warning is not this at all anddoes not require you to accept or admit guilt. You do not have to accept it (indeed you definitely should not unless you are clearly guilty) and it is not a criminal record. It would only show up in an enhanced DBS check as a note, notacriminal record. THis is at the discretion of a senior officer and can be appealed.

There are other similar stitch ups you need to be aware of. Community resolution is an innocent bit of paper, signedon the spot with a cheery faced copper. Unfortunately, it carries the legal effect of you having admitted guilt and, like a warning, will appear in an enhanced check.

That copper tried to get me to sign one. I said several times I was not accepting guilt. He acknowledged that and said this doesn't, it is just a community resolution, its nothing. I asked if he was sure- he said again, it doesnt admit guilt, its nothing. I asked a third time and saidI had been advised it admitted guilt, he assured me it didnt. I open my iPad and showed him the formal website of his own police force that explicitly states that it requires and constitutes an admission of guilt. I then told him I wasnt signing this or anything else and would be reporting our conversation to his Sergeant as he had clearly tried to mislead me.

Coppers are raging ****ers.

I was unaware of such nuances of the law and just wanted to get back to the hotel before the fúckers charged me for another day. Decent chance I was dying with the hangover also.

My mate was in the cell opposite on a separate charge of suspected arson so the entire affair was quite the giggle.

And this was before the ATS pricked up their ears as they had 3 young lads from Northern Ireland in custody.

Great fun. No charge for anybody in the end and we stopped for pints on the way back.

I was unaware of such nuances of the law and just wanted to get back to the hotel before the fúckers charged me for another day. Decent chance I was dying with the hangover also.

My mate was in the cell opposite on a separate charge of suspected arson so the entire affair was quite the giggle.

And this was before the ATS pricked up their ears as they had 3 young lads from Northern Ireland in custody.

Great fun. No charge for anybody in the end and we stopped for pints on the way back.
    If you are bang to rights on possession these days you can refuse the caution. The chances of them doing anything further are virtually zero unless you seriously get under the copper's skin. You are very, very unlikely to even get hauled in for possession. 9 times outof 10 they just chuck it away or, if you have a decent copper, he may not even confiscate it and just tell you to take it home and not take the piss,

In your day, you may well have been charged. Caution was probably the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you are bang to rights on possession these days you can refuse the caution. The chances of them doing anything further are virtually zero unless you seriously get under the copper's skin. You are very, very unlikely to even get hauled in for possession. 9 times outof 10 they just chuck it away or, if you have a decent copper, he may not even confiscate it and just tell you to take it home and not take the piss,

In your day, you may well have been charged. Caution was probably the best option.
    Yes it was very obvious even to me that during the interview they were losing interest as their chance of finding the dealer was zero. They are in Margate and are being told about “a black man in the Queens Head in Turnpike Lane”. Total waste of everybody’s time and they only brought me in because of the fact they turned up at the hotel to search it because of having arrested my mate on the suspected arson thing.

When they searched my room they found things and then when they searched my car they found more things that I had not told them about as I had genuinely forgotten.

The NI link was the big thing, quite sensitive at that time, 93-94. Bishopsgate would not have been that long ago I suspect?

Yes it was very obvious even to me that during the interview they were losing interest as their chance of finding the dealer was zero. They are in Margate and are being told about “a black man in the Queens Head in Turnpike Lane”. Total waste of everybody’s time and they only brought me in because of the fact they turned up at the hotel to search it because of having arrested my mate on the suspected arson thing.

When they searched my room they found things and then when they searched my car they found more things that I had not told them about as I had genuinely forgotten.

The NI link was the big thing, quite sensitive at that time, 93-94. Bishopsgate would not have been that long ago I suspect?
    Was the arson thing *******s? I mean, your mate has dropped you all right in it there.

Was it just a bit of weed or anything heavier?

A mate of mine recently had two coppers arrive at his house because he had ordered some CBD stuff from abroad. THey asked if they could come in. He said yes (**** knows why). They smelt the weed, asked him if they could search the house and he just handed everything over- three ounces of weed, bongs, a few bits an bobs of bagged up weed.

He ended up with a caution..... they cant be ****ing arsed with it these days, they just dont have the resources.