Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just had a chat with Mesut's cousin in the petrol station

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He has a chance of staying longer than the manager tbh. Head Coach, whatevs.

The longer he's kept out of a crap team, the better he gets.
    Do you have a view on Emery's performance, a, or do you prefer to give him more time before drawing conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you have a view on Emery's performance, a, or do you prefer to give him more time before drawing conclusions?
    Would you not urge we judge him in May?

At this time we are in 5th place and still in Europe which without doing any research is probably where we were this time last year under Mr Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Would you not urge we judge him in May?

At this time we are in 5th place and still in Europe which without doing any research is probably where we were this time last year under Mr Wenger.
    I was asking Ash's opinion, rather than expressing one.

I have judged nothing yet. I am appalled at what he has done to the football club, but I'm waiting to see whether he is cracking eggs to make an omelette or whether he is simply out of his depth.

I have judged nothing yet. I am appalled at what he has done to the football club, but I'm waiting to see whether he is cracking eggs to make an omelette or whether he is simply out of his depth.
    That is the odd thing. I can perceive no clear plan. If he'd sacrificed flair to make us more defensively sound, I could at least understand that. But he hasn't. We're still distinctly sieve-like, with the additional bonus of also being worse to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is the odd thing. I can perceive no clear plan. If he'd sacrificed flair to make us more defensively sound, I could at least understand that. But he hasn't. We're still distinctly sieve-like, with the additional bonus of also being worse to watch.
    Alienating our two best players, playing three different systems in each game, failing to choose the correct first Xl and consistently having to change it at half-time; looked at in the plain light of day, these things are truly damning, but clearly he had some success with Sevilla, and once must imaging he actually passed his coaching badges, so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence.

Alienating our two best players, playing three different systems in each game, failing to choose the correct first Xl and consistently having to change it at half-time; looked at in the plain light of day, these things are truly damning, but clearly he had some success with Sevilla, and once must imaging he actually passed his coaching badges, so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence.
    Not many were accusing him of rank incompetence when we went 22 games without loss and pasted Spurs while playing fantastic football.

It wasn't that long ago, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not many were accusing him of rank incompetence when we went 22 games without loss and pasted Spurs while playing fantastic football.

It wasn't that long ago, you know.
    "... so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence."

You big fúcking drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You big fúcking drama queen.
    Would you be kind enough to give me a definitive list of words and phrases which are acceptable to you?

You'll notice I have refrained from calling you names, such as small-minded bigoted thick Paddy. That is because I am fundamentally a better person than you. #wes
    Last edited by Sir C; 02-18-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Would you be kind enough to give me a definitive list of words and phrases which are acceptable to you?

You'll notice I have refrained from calling you names, such as small-minded bigotyed thick Paddy. That is because I am fundamentally a better person than you. #wes
    Oh come on Dutch ffs.

"I am appalled at what he has done to the football club".

He has a massive job of rebuilding to do and it would appear from the outside to be one where frictions and issues within the club hierarchy are not helping. In his short period the man who employed him has walked as has another man who made up the 3 man panel to select him.

The club as an entity is in a bit of a fúcking mess and to be honest given some of the injuries he is dealing with he has done a sterling job to have us even in contention for 4th which we are.

The Ozil situation is a mess and probably one of his making. The Ramsey one less so.

I take all you have said about the lack or apparent absence of a plan and will agree with you, but it is so early in his management to be setting off flares of alarm just yet.

Patience is key here as we have probably another 12 months before we know if he is looking like a succesful appointment or not.