Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ofcourse the worst thing about the Russki sabre rattling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    But, dude, how much evidence do you need? They've perpetrated numerous aggressive acts. They're the overwhelmingly likely culprits. Did you forget about Ukraine and all that other stuff? They shot down that damn passenger plane. Do they have to come up to you and personally grab the french fries off your plate?
    One can throw pretty much anything into doubt by ignoring or undermining overwhelming existing evidence and constantly demanding more. It's how holocaust deniers work*.

*For the record, I am not calling Peter a holocaust denier - even though he is in the Labour Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One can throw pretty much anything into doubt by ignoring or undermining overwhelming existing evidence and constantly demanding more. It's how holocaust deniers work*.

*For the record, I am not calling Peter a holocaust denier - even though he is in the Labour Party.
    I am not a holocaust denier, for the record. Whilst in Krakow I was determined to visit Auschwitz but I refused to go there by train as it was a bit too ****ing real. We missed the bus (much like Hitler, in fact).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am not a holocaust denier, for the record. Whilst in Krakow I was determined to visit Auschwitz but I refused to go there by train as it was a bit too ****ing real. We missed the bus (much like Hitler, in fact).
    I don't think they make you go in a cattle truck any more, p

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't think they make you go in a cattle truck any more, p
    Even so....its too ****ingmuch.

THe tower as the train enters Auschwitz.....I see that tower everywhere- university buildings, even my local Tesco. Am I the only person that looks at it and immediately thinks of Auschwitz?

Even so....its too ****ingmuch.

THe tower as the train enters Auschwitz.....I see that tower everywhere- university buildings, even my local Tesco. Am I the only person that looks at it and immediately thinks of Auschwitz?
    I went to Dachau once. I felt seriously short changed when they told me the gas chambers were never actually used.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I went to Dachau once. I felt seriously short changed when they told me the gas chambers were never actually used.
    Yes..... it isnt hugely clear how the numbers are arrived at and where all the killings took place. Some camps are famous for reasons other than the volume of deaths, ifyou see what I mean.

As much as I might be revolted by holocaust deniers, its the ones that dispute the numbers that leave me open mouthed. As though it really isnt such a big deal if it was only 4 million.......

So you dispute whether 6 million Jews were killed.

How many would be your guess?

Not that I’m trying to get you into any trouble here, you understand...

Yes..... it isnt hugely clear how the numbers are arrived at and where all the killings took place. Some camps are famous for reasons other than the volume of deaths, ifyou see what I mean.

As much as I might be revolted by holocaust deniers, its the ones that dispute the numbers that leave me open mouthed. As though it really isnt such a big deal if it was only 4 million.......

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I found the flogging block a bit distressing. Also the tiny, sh1tty huts into which huge numbers were crammed. And then there was the bit about the medical experiments. Generally the whole thing.

All in all, I'd give it a negative Tripadvisor review.

I found the flogging block a bit distressing. Also the tiny, sh1tty huts into which huge numbers were crammed. And then there was the bit about the medical experiments. Generally the whole thing.

Right, I will give that a miss....

Yes, at least when you see the horrors of a foie gras farm

you can usually make yourself feel better by eating some or taking some home from the on-site farm shop.

Can’t do that with dead Jews