Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Trudeau chap is great. He seems to have spent his last week or so

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was good when Windsor Davies used to say 'You is all a bunch of poofs!'
    Yes, that was rather good. Still, arguably funnier now that you are not allowed to say it.

I just failed the online Unconscious Bias training for the 3rd time. I now get to discuss my failure with a member of HR. I am going to enjoy this

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, that was rather good. Still, arguably funnier now that you are not allowed to say it.

I just failed the online Unconscious Bias training for the 3rd time. I now get to discuss my failure with a member of HR. I am going to enjoy this

How can you fail when it's unconscious? Are we being held responsible for our unconscious selves now? 'Cos I have no control over that cünt. He does what he likes, the prick.

How can you fail when it's unconscious? Are we being held responsible for our unconscious selves now? 'Cos I have no control over that cünt. He does what he likes, the prick.
    Well, precisely. THe first question is 'do you suffer from unconscious bias'- yes or no. The obvious answer is 'well I wouldnt know would I, else it would conscious'. If you answer yes you have to explain why you are such a terrible person. If you answer no they explain to you that you do suffer from it, you just dont know that you do.

It goes on like that for hours with a 20 question exam at the end. You can kind of guess how it develops from that first question.....

Well, precisely. THe first question is 'do you suffer from unconscious bias'- yes or no. The obvious answer is 'well I wouldnt know would I, else it would conscious'. If you answer yes you have to explain why you are such a terrible person. If you answer no they explain to you that you do suffer from it, you just dont know that you do.

It goes on like that for hours with a 20 question exam at the end. You can kind of guess how it develops from that first question.....
    It sounds nightmarish.

Are these people not familiar with the works of Franz Kafka, George Orwell or, for that matter, Joseph Heller?

It sounds nightmarish.

Are these people not familiar with the works of Franz Kafka, George Orwell or, for that matter, Joseph Heller?
    I doubt it. There is a woman here who has never heard of Bob Marley.

How can you work in a University and not have heard of Bob Marley? Is there not a poster of him on every student's wall?

But back to this unconscious bias business. If you fail, what are you supposed to do? Go away and promise to work on your unconscious?

How can you work in a University and not have heard of Bob Marley? Is there not a poster of him on every student's wall?

But back to this unconscious bias business. If you fail, what are you supposed to do? Go away and promise to work on your unconscious?
    You have to speak to HR about your issues. They interview to establish whether you are a modern day Hitler.

THe woman who has to interview me knows me quite well and is dreading the meeting. With good reason

In fairness, my dad has never heard of Bob Marley. He thought people were on about Barry Manilow.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fairness, my dad has never heard of Bob Marley. He thought people were on about Barry Manilow.
    I knew someone who thought he was a character in 'A Christmas Carol'

Thought crimes.

I am about to miss the second compulsory 'Diversify' re-education camp as I am not working that day. I don't know whether to keep quiet about it until they track me down or stand up and tell them to go and read 1984.