Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
A tracksuit - whilst deeply regrettable - can at least be considered workwear in a sporting context. Whatever the fúck that ensemble Arteta shambled in wearing can not be justified on any level.

HNY. Looks like the polling at the moment is favouring Starmer, but it'll be interesting to see how that breaks down as people drop out. On the surface, he would be the semi-sensible choice, but he's still a hardcore remainer who is unlikely to win back any leave-voting constituencies anytime soon.

But then continuity Corbynism would be equally disastrous for different reasons. The joy of this leadership context is that whoever they choose, they're fúcked.
The pleasure I took in the election result will pale in comparison to the pleasure I expect to take in watching the massive fight within Labour over the next leader and the associated policies they will support. There is so much denial in place from the Corbyn supporters and so much anger from the centrists that I can only see an implosion coming.

If the unions win they are unelectable, if the centrists win the party might split in two. Great fun.