Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyone eaten at The German Gymnasium?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’m fully anticipating an ersatz Fischer’s.

But where else you gonna go that’s a stone’s throw from St. Pancras? F*cking Caravan?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The funny thing is, I thought it was called the German Gymnasium as a refence to school for some reason but then it turns out the building used to be a gymnasium! How amazing is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I’m fully anticipating an ersatz Fischer’s.

But where else you gonna go that’s a stone’s throw from St. Pancras? F*cking Caravan?
    I rather like The Gilbert Scott, although I haven't been for a couple of years so can't vouch for it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I rather like The Gilbert Scott, although I haven't been for a couple of years so can't vouch for it recently.
    The crispy bits of pig's head were a particular treat. Don't know if they still do them, mind. Last went there three or four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The crispy bits of pig's head were a particular treat. Don't know if they still do them, mind. Last went there three or four years ago.
    I asked the sommelier for a recommendation and he steered me towards an extremely pleasing Gavi di Gavi to accompany the hors d'oeuvres. I am now a confirmed fan of the Gavi, when only a crisp white will do.