Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Lol! Turns out old Toothytits isn't quite the hit the LibDems thought.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I appreciate the piece is paywalled, but the headline tells you everything you need to know.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...nds-ffjdlvc8k#
    Her party has vowed to be even more austere than the EU itself, while even the Tories are suggesting, I gather, that they would increase public spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Her party has vowed to be even more austere than the EU itself, while even the Tories are suggesting, I gather, that they would increase public spending.
    There is that, but I think it's more that even moderate remainers regard the revoke A50 policy as extremist and anti-democratic.

Plus, a lot of floating voters have probably only just realised she scotch. Importatnt to remember that no party whose leader has a celtic fringe accent has been elected since the advent of mass media. We just don't want 'em in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There is that, but I think it's more that even moderate remainers regard the revoke A50 policy as extremist and anti-democratic.

Plus, a lot of floating voters have probably only just realised she's scotch. Important to remember that no party whose leader has a celtic fringe accent has been elected since the advent of mass media. We just don't want 'em in charge.
    This is where you and I differ... you seem to think they are stupid for standing for their beliefs and should change tac as it means they won't be elected (or get close).

I think that if they want to stand for what they think is right then do it, there are a large number of voters who will agree with them (not enough for them to make a difference).

The 2 main party's will lie and make false claims to the electorate to get in then spend the next 5 years failing to deliver on them.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    This is where you and I differ... you seem to think they are stupid for standing for their beliefs and should change tac as it means they won't be elected (or get close).

I think that if they want to stand for what they think is right then do it, there are a large number of voters who will agree with them (not enough for them to make a difference).

The 2 main party's will lie and make false claims to the electorate to get in then spend the next 5 years failing to deliver on them.
    Oh, please! Don't give me the 'Lib Dems are principled and honourable' bit. They facilitated this election purely for short-term party gain when their most obvious route to remain was to keep Boris nominally in power, but impotent. They sold the 'Remain Coalition' up the river for a few more seats and if it doesn't work for them, I'll laugh my head off.