Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Emery out!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We appear to have replaced the 'dead wood' with worse players, though. And we look even worse this season than we did last. And our league placing only declined over two years. The season before that we finished 2nd - plus 3 FA Cups in AW's last five seasons.
    Face facts: there's no way Emery will ever get us near a record as good as AW could achieve even in his latter years.
    And you base that fact on what exactly? Aw's later years was 3 FA cups and a team that was declining in the league. Well UE has beaten the last part within 1 season
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He really didn't, you know? That was me, I'm happy to say.
    Oh I don't feckin know - all you swivel eyed right wing lunatics look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    the charge for his head the moment of his first mispronunciation.*

*He pronounced struggled last night as stroog-led - We struggled became "we 'ave a stroog led".
    Imagine being the sort of dark-hearted, vicious bully who would mock non-natives for stroogling a little bit with the wild inconsistencies of our pronunciation. I'm sure Sir C wouldn't stoop to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Imagine being the sort of dark-hearted, vicious bully who would mock non-natives for stroogling a little bit with the wild inconsistencies of our pronunciation. I'm sure Sir C wouldn't stoop to that.
    Emery's English is far superior to my Spanish, so mocking his linguistic capabilities would be a bit ironic, wouldn't it?

He would wouldn't pronounce it stroogling a - it would be something like stroog-ah-HAY-leeng. i noticed rather sadly last night that his English is not progressing whatsoever. It means he isn't actually speaking it on a daily basis.

I cannot love him. God knows I have tried but I cannot love him. I wanted Jurgen

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And you base that fact on what exactly? Aw's later years was 3 FA cups and a team that was declining in the league. Well UE has beaten the last part within 1 season
    I'm basing it on the fact that we're total fúcking shít and are actually by some miracle a worse defensive unit now than we were under AW.

Getting from 6th to 5th means nothing, since anything below 4th is nowhere. Emery hasn't won anything or achieved anything at all, meaning that he remains demonstrably inferior to even latter-day AW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Emery's English is far superior to my Spanish, so mocking his linguistic capabilities would be a bit ironic, wouldn't it?
    You don't share his appalling choice of hair products and his aversion to dentistry though c?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You are not pursuing your career in Spain, though. If you were and had been for the last 12-18 months, I'm willing to bet you'd speak better Spanish than he does English.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-01-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Most of Europe manages to speak excellent English, though, a. What went wrong with him?

I can't help it if he's backwards.

You are not pursuing your career in Spain, though. If you were and had been for the last two 12-18 months, I'm willing to bet you'd speak better Spanish than he does English.
    Certainly I would have hoped for some discernible improvement by now... but I'm naturally inclined to shy away from that most appalling of British traits - monoglots mocking polyglots. It just doesn't sit well.