Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're approaching the vinegar strokes as far as Brexit is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There's no getting around the fact that No Deal is the default by law. Assuming May's deal is defeated, it would take a statutory instrument to prevent us leaving on 29th March. The question is whether that is feasible logistically or politically.
    I do find it incredible that even at this point you still think No Deal is remotely plausible.

Honestly, it does surprise me.

Legal default my hairy Hebrew ring piece.

One egg? For an entire rake? You're taking the pěss, Michael!
    Alright, two eggs.

Consider the joys of an egg, ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I do find it incredible that even at this point you still think No Deal is remotely plausible.

Honestly, it does surprise me.

Legal default my hairy Hebrew ring piece.
    It's plausible because it is currently enshrined in UK law and could happen by dint of the sheer incompetence of our government and legislators.

I find it incredible that you place such faith in their competence to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Alright, two eggs.

Consider the joys of an egg, ffs!
    OK. Now you're talking.

Throw in first dibs on the next one of your chickens that dies and we've got a deal.

OK. Now you're talking.

Throw in first dibs on the next one of your chickens that dies and we've got a deal.
    Thus is civilisation rebuilt after the apocalypse. Barter. Spuds. Eggs. #capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thus is civilisation rebuilt after the apocalypse. Barter. Spuds. Eggs. #capitalism
    It's a beautiful thing.

It's plausible because it is currently enshrined in UK law and could happen by dint of the sheer incompetence of our government and legislators.

I find it incredible that you place such faith in their competence to stop it.
    It's nothing to do with competence. The only way No Deal would ever have been plausible would have been if it was actively pursued by a leader in favour of it.

We know May would be able to get her deal through by holding a meaningful vote on 28 March. So it wouldn't be incompetence that leads to a No Deal, it would have to be by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It's nothing to do with competence. The only way No Deal would ever have been plausible would have been by design.

But we know May would be able to get her deal through by holding a meaningful vote on 28 March. So it wouldn't be incompetence that leads to a No Deal, it would have to be intentional.
    We know no such thing I'm afraid, m.

It's a beautiful thing.
    No. It would be beautiful if you'd just decided to meet up and make eggs and chips together. Instead you just want to assign a monetary value to everything.

In the same way that raves get corrupted if you insist people pay a certain amount to attend.

We know no such thing I'm afraid, m.
    We do. We know that with the live threat of a No Deal just hours away, and with amendments pushing for an extension of Article 50 having failed, she would win by well over 500 votes.

We do know that. You do know that