Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, Brexit is going to cause food and medicine shortages and civil unrest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well I definitely believe the bloke from Amazon, which relies on the EU to avoid paying squillions in tax.
    Not that you would hold that against a chap, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not that you would hold that against a chap, of course.
    Of course not. Any business that doesn't do everything in its power to minimise its tax liabilities doesn't deserve to be in business.

However, it does mean I will tend to take with a pinch of salt anything that business says with regard to an organisation that helps facilitate its lessening of its tax liabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course not. Any business that doesn't do everything in its power to minimise its tax liabilities doesn't deserve to be in business.

However, it does mean I will tend to take with a pinch of salt anything that business says with regard to an organisation that helps facilitate its lessening of its tax liabilities.
    You make a fair and valid point. I shall considering getting rid of my Amazon Prime....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You make a fair and valid point. I shall considering getting rid of my Amazon Prime....
    it is amazing how much research and development Amazon do. All offest against tax liabilities.
    I understand their automated warehousing project cost them nothing due to tax relief against R&D.

wd Amazon imo, they don't make the rules, after all.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”