Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
It is also perfectly legitimate that, on the questions of sovereignty and self-determination, people aren't.

We didn't vote on Charles II's execution, the Glorious Rev, the Great Reform Act etc etc etc.

We didn't vote on giving up India or entering the EEC or the change to the EU or on EU enlargement.

B - you're not stupid. You know full well that the 52% voted for many different things, none of which would command a majority on its own. You know why both parties and politics in general has been completely hamstrung by this fact.

So you're either just basically trolling the remainers, or you simply don't want to admit this because it could lead to the Greening solution.

I was chatting with a rabid Brexiter on the Times yesterday but both agreed we need another referendum. There was no vote for any type of Brexit, the Tory leadership campaign meant, as last woman standing, she didn't even have a mandate from her party. And the country refused to give her one at the GE the next year.

As such, there is no mandate and no-one knows what to do, leading the two wings of the Tory party ever closer to civil war.

The chap on the Times and I both agreed we need one last vote, with AV, as suggested. Then whatever wins, even by 1 vote, we all just shut up cos it's getting tedious now.
THe civil war in the Conservativeparty needs to happen. Even b acknowledged this before the referendum. It has been simmering away for30 years. I thoroughly welcome it. We now have two major parties that are completely ****ed and whose leaders struggle to command a majority in their own party, let alone in parliament.

The EU are finding this tremendously funny. And it is, in a way.

Also very serious, of course.....