Thread: Interesting....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You've changed, man.
    No, I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, I haven't.
    I'm only messsing, of course. This is eminently sensible.

However, would it not hurt a little to part with them? I know how you treasure them.

I'm only messsing, of course. This is eminently sensible.

However, would it not hurt a little to part with them? I know how you treasure them.
    I speak only theoretically. There will be lots of decisions and crunching of numbers to do; I'm just being pragmatic about it really. The reality is, if I do actually go through with getting off the treadmill at 55ish, I won't have the same income I have now, but I don't yet know what that might mean exactly.

I speak only theoretically. There will be lots of decisions and crunching of numbers to do; I'm just being pragmatic about it really. The reality is, if I do actually go through with getting off the treadmill at 55ish, I won't have the same income I have now, but I don't yet know what that might mean exactly.
    You could always become a cat sitter. We're off to Paris next week and have engaged one. Basically, he's a old retired chap who toddles about feeding cats, watering plants and turning lights on and off. It struck me as very sensible.

I am a bit worried about what happens if the cvnt drops dead while people are away on holiday, though. Will our cats simply go un-fed?

You could always become a cat sitter. We're off to Paris next week and have engaged one. Basically, he's a old retired chap who toddles about feeding cats, watering plants and turning lights on and off. It struck me as very sensible.

I am a bit worried about what happens if the cvnt drops dead while people are away on holiday, though. Will our cats simply go un-fed?
    The cats will eat hi. Easy.

I'm more and more interested in the B&B idea. 2 en suite bedrooms should easily return you £25k a year. That's enough to spend January in Asia and have something left over for christmas. And I can offer Eggs Benedict.

The cats will eat hi. Easy.

I'm more and more interested in the B&B idea. 2 en suite bedrooms should easily return you £25k a year. That's enough to spend January in Asia and have something left over for christmas. And I can offer Eggs Benedict.
    Initially, I read 'Asia' as 'Asda' and was very confused.

I do just worry that your innate misanthropy will be a problem, but I can see the attraction. You'll just have to get your head back into business mode.

Initially, I read 'Asia' as 'Asda' and was very confused.

I do just worry that your innate misanthropy will be a problem, but I can see the attraction. You'll just have to get your head back into business mode.
    I definitely wouldn't do it if it meant going into business mode. I'd only do it for the pocket money and the fun. It would simply be a cosy family endeavour. I do dislike people, but I am naturally hospitable, so I suspect my delight in offering comfort and generosity will override my natural antipathy to individuals.

Any gobshíte would simply be ejected from the premises.