Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
I thought the point of a sporting director was to advise the CEO and board on footballing decisions? Is Arteta able to handle the size of the job yet? It's one hell of weight for anyone to take on. I don't have a problem with Enrique's style of play. It's attacking, just more of a mix. I don't want us to get too obsessed with trying to play 'the Arsenal way' either. The whole point of Wenger going is that our style of play hasn't worked often enough.
I thought one of the journo chaps on Sunday Supplement made quite a good point re who we appoint next. It was more or less that there is no obvious choice at this point i.e. a Klopp, Pochettino or Pep, so rather than reach for a young manager who might fail badly (which would be a disaster after letting Wenger go) the club should appoint someone they see as being able to take the club forward for the next 2-3 years as they look for a long term solution.

That sort of feels like Ancelotti or Enrique - neither of whom I can see being here 10 years from now