Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: He's crying! Steve Smith is crying like a big fvcking girl!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Because you are sore losers who had your proverbial arses handed to you on a plate just a short while ago by a rampant Australian side and now you can clutch at a sporting straw as such that said humiliation at the hands of the Australian side must in some way (surely had to be) as a result of flagrant cheating because they are and this proves it a nation of cheaters?
    Oh, no. This is quite wrong. I would be enjoying this just as much if we'd won 4-0 - simply because it's Australia. The rest of the world is enjoying it just as much as we are - because it's Australia and they're horrible, horrible cvnts. The South Africans are beating them at the moment and they're enjoying it just as much as we are, so this is nothing to do with being sore losers.

And, as you can see, nobody has claimed that the Australians' cheating made any significant difference to the outcome.

One thing I’ll add is that to be fair it isn’t the worst crime in the world and not even the worst in cricket...ol Hansie Cronje was incredibly worse.

Only mention this given the global media attention and the way it has affected people.

But then again...loooooool I still can’t believe this happened.

I remember watching the Big Bash on an Indian Satellite channel only to see advert after advert hyping up India’s tour of South Africa...it was absolutely mammoth for them but they got their arses handed to them and took it in the chin....I’ve go no idea why the Aussies couldn’t do the same. Take your beating like a man imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Lights blue touch paper and stands well back....... careful, might have to squash another plastic beaker on your head
    Nah. It's waaaay too obvious. If WES were to go fishing, I can only assume he would buy a giant, fluorescent float with 'THIS IS BAIT' written on it in 3-inch high letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah. It's waaaay too obvious. If WES were to go fishing, I can only assume he would buy a giant, fluorescent float with 'THIS IS BAIT' written on it in 3-inch high letters.
    In addition to his violence towards women, I recently read this with great interest as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...land-test-1978

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Other than ball tampering, you mean?
    The difference is that ball tampering - if discovered - results in serious punishment. The cheating that takes place in football (fouling, timewasting, diving, handball, etc, etc) is simply an intrinsic part of the game. That difference means the two things cannot be meaningfully compared.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    In addition to his violence towards women, I recently read this with great interest as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...land-test-1978
    I don't really understand why you think your opinion on a batsman you never saw play in a sport you don't understand on even the most basic level would matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Because you are sore losers who had your proverbial arses handed to you on a plate just a short while ago by a rampant Australian side and now you can clutch at a sporting straw as such that said humiliation at the hands of the Australian side must in some way (surely had to be) as a result of flagrant cheating because they are and this proves it a nation of cheaters?
    No, it's not about results. After all, England "win" whenever somebody somewhere kicks a football or picks up a bat.

Don't listen to all these lefties; the real victory lies in the playing of the game, as a game. That's the most important thing and the Australians have got caught not doing that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I don't really understand why you think your opinion on a batsman you never saw play in a sport you don't understand on even the most basic level would matter to me.
    It's not my opinion, it's Simon Burnton's.

The difference is that ball tampering - if discovered - results in serious punishment. The cheating that takes place in football (fouling, timewasting, diving, handball, etc, etc) is simply an intrinsic part of the game. That difference means the two things cannot be meaningfully compared.
    Nonsense, you said cheating was an aberration and it clearly isn't.

How cheating is dealt with is a different issue entirely.

Rubbing or shining the ball against your man parts is obviously not deemed as tampering then, even though I presume it is done to affect the bounce or whatever?