Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Then Australians....Bancroft and Smith >>>>>

Then Australians....Bancroft and Smith >>>>>

WTF LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Hahaha Jesus Christ lads

Absolute comedy gold from the pair!!!!

Got the feeling someone ain’t telling the truth because they can’t be that incredibly stupid to pull a stunt like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Hahaha Jesus Christ lads

Got the feeling someone ain’t telling the truth because they can’t be that incredibly stupid to pull a stunt like that!
    Cheating Convict Cünts.

He shouldn't just be sacked, he should be shot.

Agreed, T. Literally just found out about this.

To me, it sounds like great captaincy, leadership. Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno and a' that.

Probably there was some training ground banter about trying it on, then "Bangers" foolishly decides to actually give it a go and gets caught. Obviously, Smith can't deny all knowledge so the best way is to front up properly, take all the blame on himself.

Now the other senior players say, No way, skipper; you're not having all of this on your own. We're with you 100%, just leave the Under-fives and the other kiddies out of it. Hence "leadership team". No doubt one or two of them also want to be captain someday and need to be on the right side of this, from the squad's point of view. The integrity of the role is important to them for the future.

Smith though, may have already run his race, in any case. I notice he allowed Cam to explain the facts (he probably wasn't entirely certain of all the details) and refused to name names himself. So much as to say, "As captain, I may get fired anyway but I'm not taking you lot down with me. If you want to come forward yourselves though, that's up to you."

Stuart Pearce would be proud, imo.

Hahaha Jesus Christ lads

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    To me, it sounds like great captaincy, leadership. Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno and a' that.

Probably there was some training ground banter about trying it on, then "Bangers" foolishly decides to actually give it a go and gets caught. Obviously, Smith can't deny all knowledge so the best way is to front up properly, take all the blame on himself.

Now the other senior players say, No way, skipper; you're not having all of this on your own. We're with you 100%, just leave the Under-fives and the other kiddies out of it. Hence "leadership team". No doubt one or two of them also want to be captain someday and need to be on the right side of this, from the squad's point of view. The integrity of the role is important to them for the future.

Smith though, may have already run his race, in any case. I notice he allowed Cam to explain the facts (he probably wasn't entirely certain of all the details) and refused to name names himself. So much as to say, "As captain, I may get fired anyway but I'm not taking you lot down with me. If you want to come forward yourselves though, that's up to you."

Stuart Pearce would be proud, imo.
    Been doing it a while, imo

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Been doing it a while, imo
    Yes. Stuart Broad made that point very elegantly in his presser the other day, pointing out that, since their reverse swing technique has been working well for them in previous tests (including the Ashes, obvs) why would they change it all of a sudden?

There's also that footage during The Ashes.of Bancroft filling his pockets full of sugar at tea.

All in all, it's absolutely hilarious. The whole of world cricket is united in enjoying Australia's plight.

Mind you, one obvious counter-measure seems to be being ignored - namely, outlawing pockets on cricket whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Stuart Broad made that point very elegantly in his presser the other day, pointing out that, since their reverse swing technique has been working well for them in previous tests (including the Ashes, obvs) why would they change it all of a sudden?

There's also that footage during The Ashes.of Bancroft filling his pockets full of sugar at tea.

All in all, it's absolutely hilarious. The whole of world cricket is united in enjoying Australia's plight.

Mind you, one obvious counter-measure seems to be being ignored - namely, outlawing pockets on cricket whites.
    Amazing they had to cheat (if they did) v England considering how awful our batting has been for a while.... New Zealand just let us bat our normal way

So, in short, Oz's are cheating ****s to a man
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Watched some Aussie news clips on this...highlight was Glen Maxwell almost throwing up

Felt a bit for Gilchrist...a good egg with his T20 commentaries but caught in that horrible middle ground of feeling bitterly disappointed yet not wanting to be the former player laying into the team.

One thing I did note is how they repeatedly called Bancroft a West Australian and had former West Australian players saying he’s being made into a scapegoat...did realise there was that much division down there.

Watched some Aussie news clips on this...highlight was Glen Maxwell almost throwing up

Felt a bit for Gilchrist...a good egg with his T20 commentaries but caught in that horrible middle ground of feeling bitterly disappointed yet not wanting to be the former player laying into the team.

One thing I did note is how they repeatedly called Bancroft a West Australian and had former West Australian players saying he’s being made into a scapegoat...did realise there was that much division down there.
    They're desperate to save Smith and Warner because without them they don't really have a batting side. However, heads are going to roll and I don't think simply stripping them of the captaincy and vice captaincy is going to be enough to appease people.

They're desperate to save Smith and Warner because without them they don't really have a batting side. However, heads are going to roll and I don't think simply stripping them of the captaincy and vice captaincy is going to be enough to appease people.
    That's bloody poor form letting Bancroft take both barrells. Smith needs to come out and accept full responsibility.

As you say, stripping them of the captaincy for 1 game isn't going to cut it. Surely their careers are in tatters. Nobody will ever trust them on the field of play again.

With all this cheating stuff it is easy to forget that they are losing the series and moaning about abuse from the crowd

We might be ****ing awful but at least we are not cheats