Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea seem to be ****ing about re: Giroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd legally have been British and Irish, I suppose, what with having two passports.

Thank God I drew back from the brink.
    So you're not a Dutcher at all...only when talking football and trying to make it sound like you know what you are talking about
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It's the old arguement that berni and myself have had in the past about certain England cricket players..... also see Chris Froome and Kyle Edmund
    I think there are differences even among those, though. For me, someone like Pietersen was always simply a mercenary operating under a flag of convenience, whereas someone like Matt Prior was an Englishman who'd happened to be born in South Africa.

I would laugh if Jorge went on Who Do You Think You Are ? and discovered a great thick English lineage going all the way back to the dinosaurs
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I'd legally have been British and Irish, I suppose, what with having two passports.

Thank God I drew back from the brink.
    Two passports? Can you go out of the country with one and back in on another? :howwouldiknowhowitworks:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I don't know who those people are and I don't wish to know. I don't ask you to consider how Nigel Lamb was allowed to compete for the UK, do I?
    Any relation of Allan Lamb?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think there are differences even among those, though. For me, someone like Pietersen was always simply a mercenary operating under a flag of convenience, whereas someone like Matt Prior was an Englishman who'd happened to be born in South Africa.
    I'm shocked Froome hasn't had more made of the fact he has never even lived in the country

I think someone on here established that Sir C is a mongrel
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Any relation of Allan Lamb?
    baaaastard love child

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So you're not a Dutcher at all...only when talking football and trying to make it sound like you know what you are talking about
    Sodemieter op, klootzack.

Sorry, but this results in absurdities like the Jorges of this world deciding they're Irish despite every iota of external evidence suggesting otherwise. Also, Americans claiming to be Irish. :shudder: Geography has to be something to do with it, I'm afraid.
    Yes - you're Cliff Richard example was a better explanation (though I might have gone with Colin Cowdrey). But I wouldn't have a problem with, say Chinese-speaking person bought up in a Chinatown in a furrin city claiming to be Chinese. I think just saying you're born somewhere so you are nationality is too simplistic. Americans are ****ing ridiculous though - that's true