Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyone seen in Tesco lately the massive stacks of unsold, discounted, Alcohol-Free

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They call it 'Prohibition Brew' to try and glamourise it a bit. They're fooling no-one, though. Even the livery looks funereal.

Bud.jpg
    There's loads of it in our local one stop, I assume they've picked up a load on the cheap as it wasn't being sold in the run up to Christmas and now think Dry January might be an opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    There's loads of it in our local one stop, I assume they've picked up a load on the cheap as it wasn't being sold in the run up to Christmas and now think Dry January might be an opportunity
    They were trying to flog it in Tesco in the run-up to Christmas, which just looked like a waste of shelf space to me. The Dry January thing makes more sense, but I can't believe anyone knocking booze on the head for a month is going to be helped by drinking this pïss.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They were trying to flog it in Tesco in the run-up to Christmas, which just looked like a waste of shelf space to me. The Dry January thing makes more sense, but I can't believe anyone knocking booze on the head for a month is going to be helped by drinking this pïss.
    I tried the Becks stuff when the wife was pregnant, it was vile. Did find a reasonably drinkable one in Portugal, no idea what it was called though but wife was happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I tried the Becks stuff when the wife was pregnant, it was vile. Did find a reasonably drinkable one in Portugal, no idea what it was called though but wife was happy with it
    It's surprisingly big over here - Klopp is the face of quite a big brand. I believe some of them taste ok. Weißbier in particular lends itself to the alkohol-frei treatment I am led to believe. Wouldn't catch me drinking the filthy stuff though