Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: For those of you with sufficient musical taste to appreciate the Stones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don’t think one can really dislike the Stones. They’re alright. Not great, not terrible, just... alright.
    Exit on Main Street and Let it Bleed are the only two I own/possess. Actually think I have some kind of Greatest Hits covering a certain early period.

Some stone cold absolute classics it must be said.

Wd Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Exit on Main Street and Let it Bleed are the only two I own/possess. Actually think I have some kind of Greatest Hits covering a certain early period.

Wd Stones.
    Beggar’s Banquet is my favourite. Exile on Main Street - like all double albums - would have been a great single album.

Wd Stones.
    Sticky fingers is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sticky fingers is a must.
    I have my doubts about the accuracy of this statement, especially considering who wrote it, and the general subject.

I have my doubts about the accuracy of this statement, especially considering who wrote it, and the general subject.
    Its a great album, and as a bonus you get to see where the verve got their sound from

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its a great album, and as a bonus you get to see where the verve got their sound from
    Their best and my favourite. Beggars Banquet is two great songs and 8 fillers. Prodigal Son and Salt of the Earth being slightly better than filler I suppose.

In contrast, Sticky Fingers is two great songs and several pieces of highly underrated genius. Specifically, You Gotta Move, Moonlight Mile, I Got the Blues and Dead Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Their best and my favourite. Beggars Banquet is two great songs and 8 fillers. Prodigal Son and Salt of the Earth being slightly better than filler I suppose.

In contrast, Sticky Fingers is two great songs and several pieces of highly underrated genius. Specifically, You Gotta Move, Moonlight Mile, I Got the Blues and Dead Flowers.
    How can anyone not love moonlight mile?