Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So a left wing politician dares to point out that

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Is burning a cross and using the bible and Christianity as a justification for your actions and views the same thing?

No, no it isn't.
    No, it isn't. Its a clue. As is the oath to uphold Christian values. As is their victimisation of catholics and jews from WWI onwards....

Plenty more in there....take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, it isn't. Its a clue. As is the oath to uphold Christian values. As is their victimisation of catholics and jews from WWI onwards....

Hang on. Victimising Catholics is Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on. Victimising Catholics is Christian?
    Not of itself. See my answer to WES.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I've not suggested that they have behaved abominably, quite the opposite. I've said that these groups do not use the bible and Christianity to justify their actions in the same way that ISIS uses Islam and the Koran.

Are you actually making the argument that they do? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I've not suggested that they have behaved abominably, quite the opposite. I've said that these groups do not use the bible and Christianity to justify their actions in the same way that ISIS uses Islam and the Koran.

Are you actually making the argument that they do? Seriously?
    I am suggesting that they always did, very publicly and with no reticence or doubt. They attacked Jews because they rejected Christ, they attacked Catholics for not being protestants and they take an oath to uphold Christian values. What more do you want?

I am not saying the current day clowns do the same. I don't know anything about them.

And I am not saying they were good, devout christians. Just that they aligned themselves with Christianity. It is a matter of fact.