Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
What sort of midfield footballer, sw? Holding midfielder? Deep-lying playmaker? No. 10?

I need facts man, not wishy-washy vagueness.
I am not sure why you wish to dumb down your understanding of the game to playground terminology such as “holding”.

One thing MP is not is a player whose focus is on defensive duties within a team structure, yet having played in Italy he is not adverse to the defensive side of the game. Is he a play maker, certainly he can be, is he restricted in his positioning and movement as to be “deep lying”, he is not.

I would say he could fulfil any positon in a midfield in a similar way to Cazorla could, yet you would not dream of labelling SC as a holding player or such like.

He is a very intelligent player on the ball, bought by Juventus to replace Pogba but to see one as a clone of the other would be incorrect and would simply further embarrass you down the pub when you offered the duo as a conversation piece.

What is going on here anyway, is he now being linked with a move from Juventus to Arsenal after but one season?