Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So Wenger says that we were 'very, very close' to signing Mbappe. Isn't it annoying

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is all very true imo. Didn't Veng make the point about our scouting network lacking a little bit sharpness recently?

The somwhat bang-averageness of our very expensive acquisitions last summer shows that the spendsomefackinmoney calls were never really the answer.

Getsomefackingoodplayerscoachthemwellandsendthemou tknowingwhattheyaredoing would have been a more accurate slogan imo, albeit packing less precision.

17m on a forward who he thinks is a bit ****? whassatallabaht?
    A little harsh no??

I for one think both Mustafi and Xhaka are very fine footballers who are simply struggling as part of a larger broken machine.

In respect of Perez I don’t think Wenger ever wanted him but for whatever reason was forced or coerced into buying him, evidenced by the timing of the move in relation to the window and since then by his almost reluctance to play the lad ahead of others who have not performed so well when given the chance. Naturally and without apology I have absolutely nothing to base this on.
    Wenger out.
    Last edited by SWv2; 05-04-2017 at 12:54 PM.