Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I am very concerned.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well this is the thing. The business of actually seeing friends becomes a bit of an arse-ache. I arranged to meet an old chum in town on Friday night a couple of weeks back and for pretty much the entire week beforehand I was grumbling about it. I had a lovely time when I got there, of course, but the prospect of having to go out on a Friday night just seemed horrific.
    You miserable ****er, b. Mind you, I do know what you mean. I dislike it when I actually have something on a Friday night rather than just the spontaneous after-work drinks (spontaneous as in it happens every week, with the same people in the same place, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You miserable ****er, b. Mind you, I do know what you mean. I dislike it when I actually have something on a Friday night rather than just the spontaneous after-work drinks (spontaneous as in it happens every week, with the same people in the same place, of course)
    I told my wife this. I said if you have something planned on Friday night for us to meet up with people let me know around 4:30pm on Friday. so I don't have a lot of time to moan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's a strange thing. When I was younger, I would spend all week looking forward to going out on Friday, spend hours on the phone sorting out plans and would feel a miserable loser on the rare occasions there was nothing going on and I had to stay in. These days, I'm often tempted to find an excuse not to go out even when I do have plans (I never do, of course, but I am tempted). I'm not sure when this change took place.