Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is it possible for the West to do anything right in the Middle East?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bizarrely, I was just thinking the same thing. They are just a few centuries behind really. Sadly I don't think history is that neat
    I don't think anyone would describe the Thirty Years War as 'neat', la.

No, of course it's not, but it's interesting how many of the same forces are in play and in similar ways. It would be nice to think that, after a few decades of devastation and many millions dead, they might reach the conclusion that maybe all this religion business is overrated, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It least it was a nice round number

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

No, of course it's not, but it's interesting how many of the same forces are in play and in similar ways. It would be nice to think that, after a few decades of devastation and many millions dead, they might reach the conclusion that maybe all this religion business is overrated, tbh.
    We could help nudge things along by stopping pretending that moderate, non-violent, western assimilated muslims are not a huge part of the problem, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We could help nudge things along by stopping pretending that moderate, non-violent, western assimilated muslims are not a huge part of the problem, too?
    I think recognising that this is very much a pan-islamic family feud would be a good thing, m. Us trying to play 'good muslim/bad muslim' is unhelpful in the extreme. They're going to have to sort this shït out among themselves.