Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking of going out at lunchtime and buying a pair of desert boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh yes, I have some of those as well. Russell and Bromley is your friend, here.
    I've just looked on there and now the siren song of the Chelsea boot is luring me.

Why must everything be so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing that worries me is how flat the soles look, sw. Is there enough arch support? I walk quite a lot.
    Pardon my butting in, but these have changed my life. Get them from Boots, cut to fit, walk and run with renewed vigour, comfort and functioning knees and ankles

insole.jpg

They're called orthotics.

I've just looked on there and now the siren song of the Chelsea boot is luring me.

Why must everything be so hard?
    Bear in mind that with winter approaching, the desert boot will suffer terribly from splashing.

Perhaps I might suggest the Chelsea boot now, with the desert boot to follow in spring?

Pardon my butting in, but these have changed my life. Get them from Boots, cut to fit, walk and run with renewed vigour, comfort and functioning knees and ankles

insole.jpg

They're called orthotics.
    I've just realised we're discussing arch supports.

When did we get this fùcking old?

Those do look good, though.

Bear in mind that with winter approaching, the desert boot will suffer terribly from splashing.

Perhaps I might suggest the Chelsea boot now, with the desert boot to follow in spring?

Fair shout. Was just thinking that suede may not be the mot juste for a wet winter.

I've just realised we're discussing arch supports.

When did we get this fùcking old?

Those do look good, though.
    Seriously, consider the state of my knees some 5 years ago. Now see me running each morning, bounding up fells like a goat, and so on. It's all down to the arch supports.

The thing that worries me is how flat the soles look, sw. Is there enough arch support? I walk quite a lot.
    Do you think the 60s Mods were concerned with so called arch support???

You sound like a ****ing fanny.

If you want to cut a dash around the streets of Enfield and Ware then take my advice ensuring at all times to have with you the mandatory ****ty stick.

If however “arch support” is your thing then look below and think is that really what you want in life.

buildups4.jpg

Seriously, consider the state of my knees some 5 years ago. Now see me running each morning, bounding up fells like a goat, and so on. It's all down to the arch supports.
    I remember being out with you once and your knee locked completely. We were in Hornchurch, I think. It looked quite hurty.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Do you think the 60s Mods were concerned with so called arch support???

You sound like a ****ing fanny.

If you want to cut a dash around the streets of Enfield and Ware then take my advice ensuring at all times to have with you the mandatory ****ty stick.

If however “arch support” is your thing then look below and think is that really what you want in life.

buildups4.jpg
    I'll bet those self-same mods now wish they'd taken better care of their arches.

What say you, AWIMB?*

*sw needn't answer - his love of the desert boot is well known
    There is a danger you might end up looking like one of those blokes who dress like a boy. It's hard to explain.

There are some folks in this office who dress a certain way. Desert boots, jeans, check shirt. they look like man boys. Like when you see kids dressed up. I always think Jamie Oliver is guilty of this.