Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So we had this new cleaner come round yesterday for an 'interview'

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What flavour?
    This was the seventies. It would have been a 99 con flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Cleaning the oven is a euphemism, right?
    I'd also ask her to polish my brassware.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Oh I wasn't suggesting you wouldn't make an excellent subject but it could lead to a terrible timing situation.

For example I am not really a dog person and there was a short time where this neighbour would take her dog out whilst all Lycra'd up and she'd always be walking past and say hello as I arrived home. So the one day I decide to give the dog a stroke my wife comes round the corner. Bad timing.
    I'm assuming 'give the dog a stroke' is a euphemism?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm assuming 'give the dog a stroke' is a euphemism?
    It was more of a pat.

Do you think that would go with the tattoos and piercings?

THREAD HIJACK ALERT.
    I will purchase a new amp at some point.
    Fender Blues Junior or Vox AC15?
    AC15 with Blue Speakers.

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/vox-ac15c1x...FVXnGwodFoML5Q

http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/vab.html

It's lovely. I am making do with my current set up until I move place which will have to have an area I can play guitar a little bit without worrying about disturbing people.

Not to harp on about the same old thing this is one of the things I like that my canadian relatives have. They have space to do stuff like like this. My uncle has a whole set up in the basement and can play properly without any worries.

It's lovely. I am making do with my current set up until I move place which will have to have an area I can play guitar a little bit without worrying about disturbing people.

Not to harp on about the same old thing this is one of the things I like that my canadian relatives have. They have space to do stuff like like this. My uncle has a whole set up in the basement and can play properly without any worries.
    Hmm. Good luck with that. The only time I turn up loud is in a rehearsal studio, though one way to get a nice overdriven sounds at low volume is to use pre-amps to massively overdrive the amp. I used to chain a couple of pre-amp pedals into my HiWatt to get a nice valve distortion on the bass at very low volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hmm. Good luck with that. The only time I turn up loud is in a rehearsal studio, though one way to get a nice overdriven sounds at low volume is to use pre-amps to massively overdrive the amp. I used to chain a couple of pre-amp pedals into my HiWatt to get a nice valve distortion on the bass at very low volume.
    I mainly use software at the moment. Mainly Amplitube and Guitar Rig 5 for software they actually come up with some really good sounds. Amplitube has deals with Marshall, Orange etc to give a virtual version of their amps. What I do like about it I can play with all different settings and effects without having to purchase a million pedals. It's much better than I ever thought it would be.

Though nothing would beat playing through a real amp. I am thinking of hiring a rehearsal space just for jamming. I can split it with my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you still actively play?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Do you still actively play?
    Not been in a band for a while.