Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The first league game and it's already make-or-break time

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Human beings are not robots mind you. It is nigh on impossible to expect them to be 100% positive in their support all the time. They react to what is going on around them, when good they cheer, when not good they shout.

It is **** all to do with support or “love” as you felt the need to highlights in inverted commas, it is simply entirely normal and acceptable human behaviour.

Of course it can overspill into nastiness which is never nice but you know we are not unique in that as a football club.
    Yes, I too have been known to wail in despair at a missed chance, perhaps even called one of our players a ninkompoop for a wayward pass. But I would never dream of shouting abuse at a player or the team beyond that instinctive reaction, save for the most extreme circumstances. This does not make me a robot. It makes me true to my stated claim of being a supporter with the best interests of the club at heart.

If you fall short of that, it is due to your own personal failings and you should a) be ashamed of yourself and work at being a better human, and b) feel guilty about tainting the match-going experience for those of us who are able to control their emotions and not act like an emotionally incontenent man-child
    Last edited by Monty92; 08-11-2016 at 01:47 PM.