Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsene has this wrong about the new rule change hasn't he?

Sin-bin?

great idea. Though I'd hate to see one of our midgets go in goal for 10 minutes.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sin-bin?

great idea. Though I'd hate to see one of our midgets go in goal for 10 minutes.
    Nah. Everyone loves it when an outfield player goes in goal. Doesn't happen enough anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah. Everyone loves it when an outfield player goes in goal. Doesn't happen enough anymore.
    They always make one decent save.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They always make one decent save.
    Yup. At which point everyone realises that being a goalkeeper isn't really that hard and that virtually anyone of slightly larger than normal size and with good hand-eye co-ordination can do it.

Yup. At which point everyone realises that being a goalkeeper isn't really that hard and that virtually anyone of slightly larger than normal size and with good hand-eye co-ordination can do it.
    I would like to see a team trailing in a game dress one of their attacking subs as a keeper and sub him for the goalie.
    Is that allowed? I don't see why not. Much better than having Cech run up for a corner for no reason. Like in Ice hockey when they pull the goalie for an extra player. And a football pitch is much larger.

ISTR some chap called Phil Jagielka doing that for Sheff Yoo and denying us.

My first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Gooner View Post
    Now you won't get sent off for giving away a pen. Wenger said we had to play with 10 men in a CL final but that rule hasn't changed has it? Stopping a goal scoring opportunity when a pen is not given? i.e outside the box.
    I might be wrong, dg, but I believe the actual change in the rule is to distinguish between an attempt to play the ball and a cynical foul - i.e. shirt pull, lunge from yards away. Not 100 per cent sure though

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Good rule change though. Always was a bit absurd that the award of a penalty is somehow the denial of a goalscoring opportunity.
    Does this apply to handball on the goal line?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

deliberate handball is still a red card, abr
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”