Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vardy has 'snubbed' us, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I suppose one notices it more when it's one's own club. However, I do sometimes think that our determination not to talk about transfer activities is counter productive in the sense that every agent knows they can link us with their player and we won't deny it.
    Yep - you may well have a point there

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    happens to every club - happened big-time to United last summer with Ramos for instance and there are a load of other examples. Not sure apart from this and maybe Suarez, that we are any more likely to be the fall guys
    The BiL got promised the captaincy and a shiny new contract when he opted to stay at Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Given the transfer window doesn't actually open for a couple of weeks, I feel you may be being a tad overdramatic
    Just a bit!

Given how often in recent years some (not all) members of the AWIMB family have completely thrown their toys out of the pram at the lack of loyalty shown to the club when players have chosen to leave, you have to really applaud the lad’s loyalty to LCFC.

Well done him.

Personally I never got the whole thing. I like transfers to excite me. Xhaka excites me, who cannot be excited by the signing of a pass spraying left footed central midfield ‘general’.

Vardy did nothing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Or, to put it naother way, chosen to REMAIN at Leicester.
    The **** has got no *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The **** has got no *******s.
    I see you are taking this well.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I'm not really that fussed. I'd rather a foreign name to tell you the truth. People say loyalty and all that nonsense but it just looks like he'd rather be comfortable on his £100k a week in Leicester than challenge himself somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He's perfect for us, and cheap too which makes him even more perfect
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I'm not really that fussed. I'd rather a foreign name to tell you the truth. People say loyalty and all that nonsense but it just looks like he'd rather be comfortable on his £100k a week in Leicester than challenge himself somewhere else.
    Maybe he thinks that Leicester are a better team. It's what the league table suggests, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe he thinks that Leicester are a better team. It's what the league table suggests, after all.
    No, A. It's all about the money and nothing to do with football
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."