Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
To compete with the wages on offer at the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, never mind Barca, Real and Bayern who would be sniffing around the likes of Alli, Dembele, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, would require not only a massive investment (again I shall use the example of Alli currently being on 50 grand and Lindgard on 100,000 - do you not find that staggering) but a considerable change in their policy. Not too much of a stretch to suggest to do this at a time when they are financing a stadium and have actually said there would be some constraints on their spending
They will be getting 80mil+ from Sky going forward annually, no idea how much they were getting with the old deal but it sounds like they will be able to increase wages significantly just because of the television money. You think the big clubs in Europe will be sniffing around many of their players? I would guess Ali and Kane only.

But my main point was that the impact of the stadium will have less impact on them and their ability to compete than losing the manager will. As Wenger was to Arsenal in 97, so Pochettino is to Spurs now.