Hi Chris+ --

My two (late) cents: it's true enough that social media has overtaken forums to a large extent but I, too, like to think there remains a place for the latter along with the former on the internet.

Also, I stopped really regularly actively posting on AWIMB years ago after being made to feel like I was a lesser Gooner on account of my gender and frankly, there also have been casual comments about people who aren't European that have made me feel like I wouldn't be welcome by some -- though by no means all (thank you Chris+, Peter, etc.) -- AWIMBers.

At the same time though, I still check AWIMB for Arsenal views, discussions and take part in the PPPL. It helps me feel connected to the greater Gooner community. And therein lies this board's strengths to my mind: i.e., that it is the online home to some really dedicated Gooners, and a place where one can come in to exhult/vent about the Arsenal. Put another way: Maybe I'm really in the minority here but it's not so much the banter that I come here for but the feeling I sometimes can get that the Arsenal can actually arouse/provoke strong emotions in us!