Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So here's the deal on this virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but equally, there's strong evidence that deaths from Covid-19 here are being over-reported among the elderly. As things stand, the numbers are nothing but a guide to the reality - and not a terribly good one at that. All of which should make anyone sensible shy away from concluding that one country has done 'well' or another 'badly' based on those numbers.
    every country will have done some things badly...not that they will admit it. It's learning lessons for next time, and there will be a next time
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    every country will have done some things badly...not that they will admit it. It's learning lessons for next time, and there will be a next time
    I don't think such judgements are necessarily helpful. The world hasn't faced anything like this since 1919, so it was impossible for most governments to know bad from good and I wouldn't judge any of them too harshly.
    Although I think we can all agree that China suppressing the data; bullying the WHO into compliance; lying about human-to-human transmission; and allowing it to spread worldwide is probably the exception to that rule.