Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is anyone else struggling to care whether Giroud goes to Tottenham?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    One of only 19 men to score 100 goals for Arsenal in 125 odd years, created the winner in two FA Cup Finals, scored in another one. There are players who are feted for less
    All true, but he isn't feted, is he? Not his fault, but he just never really stuck in the mind. Which is sort of my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    All true, but he isn't feted, is he? Not his fault, but he just never really stuck in the mind. Which is sort of my point.
    Sort of mine too - under-rated imo. Wouldn't like to see him in a Spurs shirt

Sort of mine too - under-rated imo. Wouldn't like to see him in a Spurs shirt
    Bad timing as much as anything else. I think we were so spoilt by the Henry-Bergkamp era that anyone else was bound to feel a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' and suffer by comparison.

Bad timing as much as anything else. I think we were so spoilt by the Henry-Bergkamp era that anyone else was bound to feel a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' and suffer by comparison.
    Good point. Weird thinking if had three more seasons with us he might have gone past Wrightie's record. Having a similar conversation on Twitter regarding cricketers who don't get the credit they deserve. Always thought Thorpe was under-rated - 100 Tests with an average just shy of 45. Probably who came after him put him in the shade a bit

Good point. Weird thinking if had three more seasons with us he might have gone past Wrightie's record. Having a similar conversation on Twitter regarding cricketers who don't get the credit they deserve. Always thought Thorpe was under-rated - 100 Tests with an average just shy of 45. Probably who came after him put him in the shade a bit
    Oh, I've always had a huge amount of time for Thorpe. Apart from anything else, he averaged 45 in a side where barely anyone else averaged 40. It's a lot easier to be a good player in a good team than it is to be one in the often shambolic shítshows Thorpe played in. He was a bit shabbily treated in 2005, but we won, so everyone conveniently forgets that.

Apart from any other consideration, he was about our only player who could play Warne. That gets him a lot of credit imo.

Oh, I've always had a huge amount of time for Thorpe. Apart from anything else, he averaged 45 in a side where barely anyone else averaged 40. It's a lot easier to be a good player in a good team than it is to be one in the often shambolic shítshows Thorpe played in. He was a bit shabbily treated in 2005, but we won, so everyone conveniently forgets that.

Apart from any other consideration, he was about our only player who could play Warne. That gets him a lot of credit imo.
    Averaged 49 against the Aussies - not bad at all. A lot of good bowling attacks then - must have faced Walsh and Ambrose, Waqar and Wasim, Donald and Pollock as well as the Aussies