Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone eaten at The German Gymnasium?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The funny thing is, I thought it was called the German Gymnasium as a refence to school for some reason but then it turns out the building used to be a gymnasium! How amazing is that?
    D'ya think they've managed to get that awful gym odour out of there? Fúck up anywons appetite that would
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    D'ya think they've managed to get that awful gym odour out of there? Fúck up anywons appetite that would
    If you foirget your kit do you have to eat in your pants?

If you foirget your kit do you have to eat in your pants?
    We never had that joy, we had to wear the manky unwashed spare kit from the lost and found
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I’m fully anticipating an ersatz Fischer’s.

But where else you gonna go that’s a stone’s throw from St. Pancras? F*cking Caravan?

The funny thing is, I thought it was called the German Gymnasium as a refence to school for some reason but then it turns out the building used to be a gymnasium! How amazing is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I’m fully anticipating an ersatz Fischer’s.

But where else you gonna go that’s a stone’s throw from St. Pancras? F*cking Caravan?
    I rather like The Gilbert Scott, although I haven't been for a couple of years so can't vouch for it recently.

I rather like The Gilbert Scott, although I haven't been for a couple of years so can't vouch for it recently.
    The crispy bits of pig's head were a particular treat. Don't know if they still do them, mind. Last went there three or four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The crispy bits of pig's head were a particular treat. Don't know if they still do them, mind. Last went there three or four years ago.
    I asked the sommelier for a recommendation and he steered me towards an extremely pleasing Gavi di Gavi to accompany the hors d'oeuvres. I am now a confirmed fan of the Gavi, when only a crisp white will do.

It’s a lovely restaurant, but it hardly screams “hearty winter’s grub to warm the soul after watching us get anally raped in the freezing cold at the Emirates”

I will be needing schnitzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It’s a lovely restaurant, but it hardly screams “hearty winter’s grub to warm the soul after watching us get anally raped in the freezing cold at the Emirates”

I will be needing schnitzel.
    Actually just across the road from there is a Thai place that is considered by many afficianados to be the best Thai in London. Can't remember what it's called or exactly where it is. HTH.

Monty92 "But where else you gonna go that’s a stone’s throw from St. Pancras? "

Piebury Corner perhaps
    10 characters? Pile of cund.