Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We appear to have a league game on Thursday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Even weirderer it's on Amazon prime
    Although I like the Boxing Day format, just choose the game you want to watch. Which is how it should be

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Although I like the Boxing Day format, just choose the game you want to watch. Which is how it should be
    ********** free 30 day trial ********** is what I've read, or dreamt
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've always felt that the restrictions on live TV coverage represent a rather shameful admission by the football authorities that - for all their talk about what a great 'product' it is - a significant percentage of football fans wouldn't bother attending live football if it weren't the only means of seeing the game.

That seems to me to suggest that they know just what a load of shít the 'matchday experience' really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've always felt that the restrictions on live TV coverage represent a rather shameful admission by the football authorities that - for all their talk about what a great 'product' it is - a significant percentage of football fans wouldn't bother attending live football if it weren't the only means of seeing the game.

That seems to me to suggest that they know just what a load of shít the 'matchday experience' really is.
    and depending on what team you support there was a time where if you wanted to go to Highbury you'd have no chance if you are just joe public. so you'd have to go see mr tout.

I was pretty shocked when I discovered that English football wasn't shown live here for the reasons you describe.

I was told at the time that the issue was not so much that Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool supporters wouldn't go watch their teams, but that the 1st, 2nd division and lower division's supporters wouldn't do so.

I'm not so sure

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I was pretty shocked when I discovered that English football wasn't shown live here for the reasons you describe.

I was told at the time that the issue was not so much that Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool supporters wouldn't go watch their teams, but that the 1st, 2nd division and lower division's supporters wouldn't do so.

I'm not so sure
    Enough of the lower leagues fans would stay at home and that would have a massive effect on their finances. Not sure many of the better Championship clubs would see much difference.

You can watch the highlights of every game within minutes anyway so it osn't really a big deal.

Would be interesting to compare Championship midweek attendances from last season as you can watch all those games live on the red buitton now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Enough of the lower leagues fans would stay at home and that would have a massive effect on their finances. Not sure many of the better Championship clubs would see much difference.

You can watch the highlights of every game within minutes anyway so it osn't really a big deal.

Would be interesting to compare Championship midweek attendances from last season as you can watch all those games live on the red buitton now
    Do we have any actual proof of this?

I'm guessing surveys have been done but they'd be about as useful as an exit poll. What people say isn't always what they would actually do. Just show the 3pm's for a season and see imo.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

This is one of those internet things. If you were having a chat down the pub and yer man said, 'Most football fans would prefer lager to brown sauce', you might reply, 'I'm not so sure...'

On tinternet though, 'Citation required!' or 'Link?' Opinions must be backed by evidence, generall meaning a Wikipedia article.

Funny old world we've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is one of those internet things. If you were having a chat down the pub and yer man said, 'Most football fans would prefer lager to brown sauce', you might reply, 'I'm not so sure...'

On tinternet though, 'Citation required!' or 'Link?' Opinions must be backed by evidence, generall meaning a Wikipedia article.

Funny old world we've made.
    I wasn't really doing that, though. I was genuinely asking if there was any support for this received wisdom or whether it was just what the football authorities reckon based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. I know p is a referee or some sort of FA lackey, so wondered if he actually knew something.