Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Lunch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    having been offered from a colleague, I've just had one of these for lunch.

the single most depressing thing I think I've ever eaten.
    Salami sandwich. 3/10, would not recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd have happily swapped, in hindsight.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Started that ‘Now we shall be entirely free’ thingy. Started a bit slow with him just moping about. Hoping it’ll pick up now there’s been a war crime, some rape and an assassination mission.
    His deafness is irritating me. It had better turn out to have some narrative significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Started that ‘Now we shall be entirely free’ thingy. Started a bit slow with him just moping about. Hoping it’ll pick up now there’s been a war crime, some rape and an assassination mission.
    His deafness is irritating me. It had better turn out to have some narrative significance.
    Ah. I'm not sure you have entirely appreciated that my current prediliction is for novels in which nothing much happens, really. I like legthy descriptions of the exact colour of the sea, a lot of wistful peering out of rain-spattered windows and the unspoken hint of a stolen kiss.

I remember reading on the blurb that our hero had returned from the Peninsular 'carrying with him a terrible secret'; I am afraid I took this rather literally and spent ages trying to work out which of the items unpacked from his rucksack by Nell contained the 'terrible secret'. For much of the book i was therefore expecting the small shrivelled potato to reappear and reveal its secret within.

I've got a new one for you: 'The Glass Woman' by Caroline Lea. 17th century Iceland. Precisely nothing happens.