Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really considering employing someone called 'Grandad Holy Ghost' as manager?

I'm doing goose this year as the cretinous in-laws only arrive for leftovers and ham on Boxing Day.

I'v chosen a Ray White recipe as the starting point. Legs in for 2 1/2 hours, breast for 1 hour. Sounds wonderful.

And bread stuffing cooked separately as only a mad man stuffs the bird itself. With goose stock made from the neck and innards, date, apple and cranberry. And home made foie gras chunks scattered around. All roast vegetables in goose fat.

I may never make turkey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You are opbviously not cooking it correctly, the Tom Kerridge Turkey cooked in clingfilm is truly lovely
    Why not just have a delicious pint of pure cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm doing goose this year as the cretinous in-laws only arrive for leftovers and ham on Boxing Day.

I'v chosen a Ray White recipe as the starting point. Legs in for 2 1/2 hours, breast for 1 hour. Sounds wonderful.

And bread stuffing cooked separately as only a mad man stuffs the bird itself. With goose stock made from the neck and innards, date, apple and cranberry. And home made foie gras chunks scattered around. All roast vegetables in goose fat.

That's too long for the legs. They don't need it and they go tough.

I tell you this on the back of having cooked goose every year for 16 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why not just have a delicious pint of pure cancer?
    I've had a good innings sc, leave it to the young kunts to take over the world now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I've had a good innings sc, leave it to the young kunts to take over the world now
    Young Jeremy, John and Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Here we go, the annual traditional whinge about Christmas dinner.

It's as seasonal* as mince pies.

* The whinge**.
    ** And the dinner.
    But come on! You must accept that there is no other point during the year when you would dream of putting poultry, ham, sausages, gravy and pork-based stuffing on the same plate - not because Christmas is a unique feast, etc, but because those things just don't go together and all their individual charms become lost in the meaty melée.

That's too long for the legs. They don't need it and they go tough.

I tell you this on the back of having cooked goose every year for 16 years now.
    Hmmm - what temperature did you cook them at? Ray's recipe is 1 hour at 140C covered, then 1/2 hour at a high temperarture then another hour at 140C. You add the breast for the hour in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But come on! You must accept that there is no other point during the year when you would dream of putting poultry, ham, sausages, gravy and pork-based stuffing on the same plate - not because Christmas is a unique feast, etc, but because those things just don't go together and all their individual charms become lost in the meaty melée.
    Ham? Who puts ham on a christmas dinner, you absolute deviant?

Ham! Fúcking ham!

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I do the Raymond Blanc thing where you joint the goose (removing the wishbone, of course), roast just the crown and confit the legs and wings. It's very good.

Trouble is, this year I'll have to do a Turkey as well, as my stepsons profess to actually like the damn thing.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-28-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Ham? Who puts ham on a christmas dinner, you absolute deviant?

Ham! Fúcking ham!
    You have to have a big ham. It's not Christmas dinner without a fúcking massive ham.