Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I see the Mighty Mogg is taking ground fire from lefties for pointing out that the

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fire Brigade's advice to stay put during the Grenfell fire ran counter to basic common sense - which it obviously did.

Will Labour set fire to another block of flats during this election campaign, I wonder? After all, it worked well for them last time.

Well I would imagine that the idea you stay put is based on research of what happens in a fire, it wouldn't have been just plucked out of thin air by the firemen on the scene
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well I would imagine that the idea you stay put is based on research of what happens in a fire, it wouldn't have been just plucked out of thin air by the firemen on the scene
    They were given that advice because the manual said that the safety measures required by building regs would keep them safe and that running around in the smoke and the flames would result in more deaths.

Needless to say, it didn't really work out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They were given that advice because the manual said that the safety measures required by building regs would keep them safe and that running around in the smoke and the flames would result in more deaths.

Needless to say, it didn't really work out like that.
    So the logic was to stay put... correct it didn't work out like that as the law for cladding in this country is so much lower than in the USA etc
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did you say you were moving out east, b? Norfolk, is it? I like it out there. Big skies.
    Indeedy, the sleep village of Martham, about 5 miles from the east coast. Sold my flat last week so I'd guess sometime in January.

'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Indeedy, the sleep village of Martham, about 5 miles from the east coast. Sold my flat last week so I'd guess sometime in January.

Don't cry b, that's great news! A new life, out in the beautiful countryside! Consider crips morning walks, wánking in your shed and the descent into alcoholism. You're living the dream, dude.

They need new genes out there, though, bb, so you'll be sure to get loads of inbred pussy

Don't cry b, that's great news! A new life, out in the beautiful countryside! Consider crips morning walks, wánking in your shed and the descent into alcoholism. You're living the dream, dude.
    'Descent'

If only... I'm going up there with no job and not enough coin to buy anything outright (no one will touch me with even a small-ish mortgage for a long time)

I'll do the drinking bit no probs and wánking's like good manners, they both cost nothing
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I've just looked it up. It looks charming. Lovely parish church.

St_Mary,_Martham,_Norfolk_-_geograph.org.uk_-_312326.jpg

I mean, obviously it'll be suicide-inducingly bleak in winter, but for four months a year it'll be lovely.

If only... I'm going up there with no job and not enough coin to buy anything outright (no one will touch me with even a small-ish mortgage for a long time)

I'll do the drinking bit no probs and wánking's like good manners, they both cost nothing
    Can you not get part-time work as a pig man? They do that a lot on The Archers and I assume it's similar in Norfolk.