Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spare a thought for Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Also in Kandy I wandered into the grounds of an Anglican church and encountered the chap who looks after the graves of our brave colonial administrators, many gathered unto God at a young age. Now this chap performs sterling work tendin the cemetary, speaks excellent English and was delighted to show us around and let us look into the burial record books and so on. He even made us tea. What was mildly disconcerting was that he was about 108 years old, had o9ne single tooth in his head, and wore nothing but a dhoti. It was like talking to an incredibly ancient baby.
    Did he smell like a badger?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I suppose a lack of sanitation, constant 30+ degree heat and 90-odd percent humidity takes its toll on ones body odour.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He didn't. Actually I wonder if i will back me up here... in the Temple of the Tooth there were about 600 million Sri Lankans jammed into a room the size of a large cupboard, with the temperature about 900 degrees, and as I stood jammed absolutely immobile amidst this mass of humanity, it struck me that there was absolutely no overwhelming reek of sweaty armpits, which one would expect ina lmost any other 'developing country'. Perhaps Sri Lankans don't sweat so bad.

He didn't. Actually I wonder if i will back me up here... in the Temple of the Tooth there were about 600 million Sri Lankans jammed into a room the size of a large cupboard, with the temperature about 900 degrees, and as I stood jammed absolutely immobile amidst this mass of humanity, it struck me that there was absolutely no overwhelming reek of sweaty armpits, which one would expect ina lmost any other 'developing country'. Perhaps Sri Lankans don't sweat so bad.
    wd Lankans imo. Now I think about it, the ones I've played cricket with have been reasonably fragrant, too.

Some of the Indian lads, though.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I suppose a lack of sanitation, constant 30+ degree heat and 90-odd percent humidity takes its toll on ones body odour.
    That has certainly been my experience of the Tube this summer.

When you don't notice it, you don't notice. But there were some that ****ing reeked. Usually those doing the manual labour stuff.

Still not as bad as a bloke who cycled past me in Dubai. I could smell his vapour trail for a good 100 yards...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    When you don't notice it, you don't notice. But there were some that ****ing reeked. Usually those doing the manual labour stuff.

Still not as bad as a bloke who cycled past me in Dubai. I could smell his vapour trail for a good 100 yards...
    Yes, I remember a chap in Kenya during the rains. His chosen outfit of shorts, wellies and mac must have been in situ for a long, long time, for he exuded a smell which quite boggled the mind. And that was before my nosejob!

Yes, I remember a chap in Kenya during the rains. His chosen outfit of shorts, wellies and mac must have been in situ for a long, long time, for he exuded a smell which quite boggled the mind. And that was before my nosejob!
    The worst I've encountered was a tramp on the Paris Metro. You could literally smell him 30 seconds before you saw him. He just lurched out of the shadows with his hand out and you immediately gave him whatever was in your pocket to stop yourself gagging.

He's probably a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Reparations, FFS.

My stupid* Great, Great Grandfather sold of 7/8ths of Farnham for pretty much sod all, I'd like that back

*he wasn't at all
    ****in right, where's my reparations for the firm I did printing for that never paid?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood," was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It’s his birthday and he’s spending it with one twitter rant after the other

Outstanding
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."