Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Yesterday was the most poignant day of the year: the end of the summer's test cricket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    This time next year it will be that T100 lark :sigh:

10 ball overs, super power plays, countdowns with teams like the Manchester Renegades, Royal Challengers London and the Newcastle Knightriders.

Royal Challenge is an Indian "Whiskey". Unlike most, it does actually contain some Scottish malt (about 12%) and the rest is like almost all the other Indian whiskies, made out of molasses, not malt.

It's rank. You might as well just drink the rum, as that's what you're meant to make with molasses.

I just drink Vodka and Limca out there. The Vodka's the same as a UK supermarket own brand. It's fine. (Romanov's my fave.)

But I have no idea why Kolkatta has Knightriders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Royal Challenge is an Indian "Whiskey". Unlike most, it does actually contain some Scottish malt (about 12%) and the rest is like almost all the other Indian whiskies, made out of molasses, not malt.

It's rank. You might as well just drink the rum, as that's what you're meant to make with molasses.

I just drink Vodka and Limca out there. The Vodka's the same as a UK supermarket own brand. It's fine. (Romanov's my fave.)

But I have no idea why Kolkatta has Knightriders.
    Are they big fans of the Hoff like they are in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are they big fans of the Hoff like they are in Germany?
    I've never heard anyone mention it. Most people don't have TVs, they just watch the Bollywood movies. And if tey do have tvs they just watch more bollywood movies or cricket.

As I say, I honestly can't work it out.

I'd never heard the name in all my time in India until it became an IPL franchise. Perhaps the owner liked it growing up - being a rich type with cable telly back in the '80s?