Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Have you ever been somehwre unfamiliar on the tube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh I have no doubt that Wimbledon identifies as London, just as you identify as a doctor and a bearded docker called Keith can identify as a ballerina. Doesn't make any of it true.
    It's like Richmond and Kingston-Upon-Thames. No way are they London. They're leafy towns masquerading as London.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's like Richmond and Kingston-Upon-Thames. No way are they London. They're leafy towns masquerading as London.
    Does being leafy preclude a suburb from being a part of a much greater city? Surely the tapestry of London is, in part, down to its many, vastly different, districts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Does being leafy preclude a suburb from being a part of a much greater city? Surely the tapestry of London is, in part, down to its many, vastly different, districts?
    But they're not suburbs. They're entities in their own right. The same (in a very different way) goes for Croydon. Croydon is technically London, but I grew up there and it's definitely not really London.

But they're not suburbs. They're entities in their own right. The same (in a very different way) goes for Croydon. Croydon is technically London, but I grew up there and it's definitely not really London.
    I went to Croydon the other day. We visited something called Boxpark which was actually rather fun (for many reasons). I can also see the lights of Croydon from my garden; about 8 miles, as the crow flies.

I went to Croydon the other day. We visited something called Boxpark which was actually rather fun (for many reasons). I can also see the lights of Croydon from my garden; about 8 miles, as the crow flies.
    though I'm not sure any tourist board would wish to use "You can see the lights of Croydon from here" as a marketing tool
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    though I'm not sure any tourist board would wish to use "You can see the lights of Croydon from here" as a marketing tool
    They may well use the 8 miles as the crow flies bit tbh. Way out of stabbing range.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    They may well use the 8 miles as the crow flies bit tbh. Way out of stabbing range.
    Yuo say that now, b, it'll be kniving by drone before long, b.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Yes, I've been told about Boxpark that there's quite good food and drink there. However, it is just hanging out the back of East Croydon Station, so you can go there, enjoy it and leave without actually going into Croydon proper. Tbh it's all academic to me, since I only ever go anywhere near Croydon to see my parents, who live about halfway between there and Bromley.

Yes, I've been told about Boxpark that there's quite good food and drink there. However, it is just hanging out the back of East Croydon Station, so you can go there, enjoy it and leave without actually going into Croydon proper. Tbh it's all academic to me, since I only ever go anywhere near Croydon to see my parents, who live about halfway between there and Bromley.
    I used it for lunching last year when I did jury service. It was rather good. Especially the Korean Fried Chicken place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used it for lunching last year when I did jury service. It was rather good. Especially the Korean Fried Chicken place.
    Yes. In fact I think it was you what told me. I suppose that would be quite convenient for the law courts (and doesn't involve taking one's life if one's hands and heading into central Croydon).

Come to think of it, I don't think I've been to central Croydon for the better part of 10 years.