Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Have you ever been somehwre unfamiliar on the tube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wimbledon isn't London, is it?

I once went to Wimbledon by tube. Must have been around 1978. My friend Malcolm and I decided to go to Plough Lane to watch Wimbledon, because they'd recently beaten West Ham in a cup game and that struck us as amusing. It took fúcking hours to get there and then the game was postponed. We went to his Auntie's house nearby and she gave us tea and cake.

Good. Fúcking. Timez.
    This reads like an Enid Blyton post Apart from the awful swearing of course.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    This reads like an Enid Blyton post Apart from the awful swearing of course.
    I’m glad someone appreciated my anecdote, b.

I’m glad someone appreciated my anecdote, b.
    I thought it was going to involve football violence, tbh. Given which, a lengthy journey, a postponement and tea with someone's maiden aunt was a bit of a damp squib.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I thought it was going to involve football violence, tbh. Given which, a lengthy journey, a postponement and tea with someone's maiden aunt was a bit of a damp squib.
    Apparently the first time West Ham and Wimbledon played each other was 1985, so I’ve misremembered something pretty fundamental here.

Apparently the first time West Ham and Wimbledon played each other was 1985, so I’ve misremembered something pretty fundamental here.
    Yes, that would make you and your chum Malcolm 20, which puts a rather different complexion on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, that would make you and your chum Malcolm 20, which puts a rather different complexion on things.
    hmmm, 20, going round to the Aunt's and she gave them tea and cake.... so in other words they went round a spit roasted her NTTAWWI
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar