Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Something about quick feet for a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Something about quick feet for a big man.
    I mean Colin of Bigman. Ridicules.

Mind you, I'm pretty sure that Lockie and Kane aren't real names either.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I mean Colin of Bigman. Ridicules.

Mind you, I'm pretty sure that Lockie and Kane aren't real names either.
    Hake of Bigman, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hake of Bigman, surely?
    I hadn't considered translating Colin. That's even better. Imagine the confusion with which his name is greeted in France.

Thoughts on Jofra for the Ashes?

I was against it...massive step up and he has had injury issues but you know what...back in the day it was non stop for Ambrose and Walsh and today you have someone like Bumrah who has become even more skilful for Test cricket so why not....

Next step is to poach the next Nicolas Pooran. That’s the batting done and dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

I was against it...massive step up and he has had injury issues but you know what...back in the day it was non stop for Ambrose and Walsh and today you have someone like Bumrah who has become even more skilful for Test cricket so why not....

Next step is to poach the next Nicolas Pooran. That’s the batting done and dusted.
    Shoo in, T. The advantage of Stokes as well (who should be rested until the first Test), we can play a strike bowler who bowls short spells. Jimmy can bowl longer ones with new ball. Trouble is the spinner - ideally we want a containing one with the pace attack we have but Leach (my choice), Rashid and Ali are all more attacking (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

No debate about it, t. He's in. I'm looking forward to seeing him bowl with slips and close fielders.

Also, he has a pleasing habit of hitting colonials in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No debate about it, t. He's in. I'm looking forward to seeing him bowl with slips and close fielders.

Also, he has a pleasing habit of hitting colonials in the head.
    Carey catching his helmet (oo-er missus) after being hit was one of the best moments of the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Carey catching his helmet (oo-er missus) after being hit was one of the best moments of the tournament
    It was weird that World Cup, though. Even Dermot Reeve wasn't totally pointless.

I think my favourite Pringle memory in that was when Meyrick Pringle played Derek Pringle.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fair play to the chap, he can take a punch. I think if I'd been hit on the chin by a 90mph bouncer, I'd probably have made a bit more of a fuss than that.