Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Same with Wood - who I think has shortened his run and bowls quicker. Easy to be seduced by the whole Holding thing but he was probably just a wonderfully smooth freak
    Wood did try bowling off a very short, jerky run up but it didn't really work for him. He seems to have found a nice rhythm now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wood did try bowling off a very short, jerky run up but it didn't really work for him. He seems to have found a nice rhythm now.
    I don't think that Mark Wood is especially robust at the best of times. His bowling action puts so much strain on his body that I don't think he will play a huge amount of international cricket (that or he will have to be used very sparingly). He seems to try and hit the crease at full sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't think that Mark Wood is especially robust at the best of times. His bowling action puts so much strain on his body that I don't think he will play a huge amount of international cricket (that or he will have to be used very sparingly). He seems to try and hit the crease at full sprint.
    The force he puts through that front leg is a bit scary. You half expect it just to snap one of these days.