Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was lightning quick, but most pros feared Marshall more because his whippy arm action could generate huge pace and bounce off not much off a good length. Marshall hit a terrifying number of batsmen quite badly as a consequence.

County pros used also to fear Sylvester Clarke of Surrey. He could amble in off a relatively short run and generate extreme hostility, pace and bounce. He couldn't be arsed doing it for long, but when he was up for it, he was frightening.
    Saw more of Wayne Daniel than Clarke but similarly he scared the **** out batsman (with Norman Cowan doing the same at the other end) - genuinely brilliant cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Saw more of Wayne Daniel than Clarke but similarly he scared the **** out batsman (with Norman Cowan doing the same at the other end) - genuinely brilliant cricket
    Middlesex had a ridiculous attack back in the day. Daniel, Cowans and Neil Williams.

Shame their batting involved the appalling to watch Clive Radley, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Middlesex had a ridiculous attack back in the day. Daniel, Cowans and Neil Williams.

Shame their batting involved the appalling to watch Clive Radley, though.
    Oh - out of order B. Won us two cup finals at least including the 1985 B&H which I was at. Second last sporting event I went to with my dad. The last one was England Australia rugb - that went less well