Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's odd that the people of Peterborough would be happy to elect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I saw the cathedral. The rest of it was a bit of a shíthole mind.

I must research a good Indian restaurant. When one overnights on a Thursday en route to 't Lakes one eat Indian food, right? That's just how it is.
    Why are you stopping on your way to the North? You're not Dick Turpin. Just ****ing go...... it really isnt that far.

Peterborough is absolutely bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Why are you stopping on your way to the North? You're not Dick Turpin. Just ****ing go...... it really isnt that far.

Home of EMAP and the Posh?

No, it is pretty terrible. I once got talked into buying a very, very ill-advised baggy linen suit in Peterborough.

In my defence, it was the mid-90s, but even so.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

No, it is pretty terrible. I once got talked into buying a very, very ill-advised baggy linen suit in Peterborough.

I'm sure we've all tried a linen suit at some point in our lives. Only once though.....

I go to Peterborough fairly regularly. THe first time I went I didnt think it could get any worse but it most certainly has.

I'm sure we've all tried a linen suit at some point in our lives. Only once though.....

I go to Peterborough fairly regularly. THe first time I went I didnt think it could get any worse but it most certainly has.
    Yes. This one was cheap, though (although it didn't seem so at the time given my age and relative impecuniousness), so I thought I looked the dog's nads for the first couple of wears, but after that - no matter how often it was pressed - I looked like I'd fashioned a suit out of potato sacking.

John built me a linen suit. Linen and mohair, actually. The look I asked for was 'ageing páedophile at the bar of the FCC in Phnom Penh waiting to bugger a small child in an opium den'. He achieved this perfectly.

John built me a linen suit. Linen and mohair, actually. The look I asked for was 'ageing páedophile at the bar of the FCC in Phnom Penh waiting to bugger a small child in an opium den'. He achieved this perfectly.
    To be fair, he didn't really need to make you a suit in order to achieve that look.

:tapin:

To be fair, he didn't really need to make you a suit in order to achieve that look.

:tapin:
    He just showed the tailor a picture of you in your linen suit and jobs a good un
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I’m stopping because the timing works if I stop. If I drive straight there and arrive at midnight I’ll have a 16 hour wait to get the key to the house.

Alright?

I’m stopping because the timing works if I stop. If I drive straight there and arrive at midnight I’ll have a 16 hour wait to get the key to the house.

Alright?
    Not really, no. Your approach leaves you stranded in Peterborough. Why would anyone do that voluntarily....?

Particularly a gentleman of your disposition....

Not really, no. Your approach leaves you stranded in Peterborough. Why would anyone do that voluntarily....?

Particularly a gentleman of your disposition....
    To be fair, there aren't many good options on that bit of the A1. Stamford? Grantham? God help us Newark? Peterborough is very much the best of a bad bunch.