Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Alabama abortion law

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    A mass of cells that cannot breathe, think or exist in its own right is not human life. It may or may not one day become a human life.

And as I predicted, your response was nothing more than 'yes it does'. And mine was nothing more than 'no it doesn't'.

That's why it's pointless.

The valid point would be that there clearly is no consensus on access to abortion, there is no threat to our society or way of life from it and therefore it should be made legal and people can choose to do what is consistent with their personal values. Any one who thinks other than that is an appalling c*nt, I'm afraid.
    No, I have produced a logical, scientific rationale for my conclusion that life begins at conception. You have produced none for your hypothesis whatsoever.
    And then you have simply assumed moral superiority and reverted to calling anyone who disagrees with you a cûnt.
    Pretty pïsspoor argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, I have produced a logical, scientific rationale for my conclusion that life begins at conception. You have produced none for your hypothesis whatsoever.
    And then you have simply assumed moral superiority and reverted to calling anyone who disagrees with you a cûnt.
    Rubbish. We both came up with a position that it is entirely subjective, there is no clear and obvious definition of human life. Yours wasn't anymore scientific than mine.

And I haven't assumed moral superiority at all, I have pointed out that anyone that thinks that they have the right to impose their moral values on others is a c*nt. I stand by that statement. I have no issue with people objecting to abortion, I have a serious issue with people controlling what others are able to do because of their moral values.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The weakness in your argument is in the term, "life." Which is, ineluctably, a moral concept. A more valid term would have been "organism." But hey, I understand, you want to keep chicks down. And I hear where you're coming from to some extent. They are indeed uppity. Now, do I want to live in Alabama? No.

Women's problems, innit. Best steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Some prick on Twitter trying to tell me that it's nothing to do with religion!!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."